After all the power management the next priority was to get the internet antenna working in order to provide WIFI on SheSan. Having trained with the Radar two weeks earlier this was actually not even so difficult and with good work preparation it took us less than two hours.
Then we wanted to test the David for the Dinghi engine but on the first half meter it was bent so much that we were afraid to loose the engine into the water. So when we got our new cleats (that we designed ourselves 😉 ) we had to ask for rework on the David.
In between we also started to enjoy Turkey, at least on Sundays, when we did a bike tour to the local green market where the farmers came to sell their products.
On Sunday we got a very nice present from Mike from Jersey: he gave us his two folders with preparation for the ARC (Atlantic rally for cruisers) which should serve us well in our preparation especially in terms of safety precautions.
As we did have already quite some preparation ourselves this is not really new but a good condensed reminder of what we should think about and prepare.
Therefore the next days the concept for the Jack-Stays to be mounted all around the boat was defined and carried out.
Then we had the polyester strengthend so the new strong cleats would not result in a hole in the boat, unfortunately some of the dust landed inside the just recently mounted batterie chargers and also everywhere else in the whole boat ;-( that kept us busy cleaning for the next few days.
Then the second trial for the Dinghi david was done but unfortunately also not successful, since this time also the panel construction started to move in all directions and the nicely mounted panels were not at all straight any more.
Finally on the third time it had worked out and we were able to take the engine off the Dinghi in order to become prepared for sailing.
Back to power management: Reto prepared the sailing generator that will serve for the additional energy needed during sailing.
while I was going shopping preferably with the ferry
And finally exactly as we had been promissed on Friday morning the rigger team came and started to install our new rigg. We were really impressed how they worked like crazy.
So after the rigg was newly installed we fixed the date for customs to check out from Turkey. Fortunately then (and not later when we already would have left Turkey) the rigg made some strange sounds, so we called the rigger again, postponed for another day and make a sea trial in addition to ensure that everything works when we leave Turkey. We learn that plans are there to be changed ;-